Packing all of your family’s belongings into a few dozen boxes can be tough. When you’re surrounded by cardboard, treasured possessions, and parcel tape, the whole process can seem never ending. It doesn’t need to be this way.
We’ve put together a useful guide to make planning, preparing, packing, moving, and unpacking simple and easy. A little planning and preparation now will help your moving day go smoothly and get you settled in your new home as quickly as possible.
You’ll find lots of practical advice on what to do before you start packing, how to pack effectively, and tips for moving day.
Here’s what we’ll go over:
- Tip 1 – Make sure you’ve got the right supplies and tools
- Tip 2 – Stay healthy and safe
- Tip 3 – Declutter and get rid of what you don’t need
- Tip 4 – Digitize your media
- Tip 5 – Plan for your packing and get supplies
- Tip 6 – Protect your valuable items with moving insurance
- Tip 7 – Make sure everything is going to fit
- Tip 8 – You’ll thank yourself for your inventory
- Tip 9 – Pack everything in the right order
- Tip 10 – Make sure your boxes are secure
- Tip 11 – Protect your fragile items
- Tip 12 – Gather your valuable items together
- Tip 13 – Pack your boxes
- Tip 14 – Pack your toiletries and liquids
- Tip 15 – Pack your wardrobe
- Tip 16 – Deal with cables and furniture
- Tip 17 – Don’t forget the yard
- Tip 18 – Packing the essentials
- Tip 19 – Pack everything into the moving truck “backwards”
- Tip 20 – Unpack in your new home
Although moving home can be stressful, this guide will help you make sure you’ve got everything together. Just remember, it’s the start of a new chapter in your family’s life, and you’re going to start building new memories and having great experiences.
© 2018 Move.org. All rights reserved.