Your Guide to Move.org’s Moving Grants
Moving grant timeline
Before your move
During your move
After your move
Set up your bank transfer
To make sure we can send your payment quickly, we need two things from you before your move:
- A completed W-9 form (scan or snap a photo with your phone)
- Bank transfer details: A voided check OR your ACH details on your bank’s official letterhead
Note: We can no longer mail checks to your new address due to problems with mailed checks being delayed and even lost in transit.
To help us understand your moving experience, please save the following communications with your moving company:
- Emails. (To save emails in Gmail, go to File > Print > Destination > Save as PDF.)
- Paperwork and forms. (Scan or snap photos with your smartphone and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Phone calls. (Please jot down a summary of each call with your mover and email your notes to email@example.com.)
Please take photos with your smartphone to document the move process. Use photos to document the packing stage, interactions with the actual movers, the moving truck or container arriving/departing, and so forth. See the U-Box review for examples.
Here are some best practices for taking photos:
- Focus on one subject. Don’t try to show the entire moving process in one photo. Instead, keep it simple.
- Use empty space. It’s okay if up to two-thirds of your photo is empty space—that’ll emphasize what your photo is focusing on.
- Balance your shot using gridlines. Your camera app has gridlines that can help you follow the rule of thirds.
Prepare for post-move survey
After your move is done, we’ll ask you detailed questions about your experience. Check out the full post-move survey questions for your car shipment, truck rental, container move, or full-service van line move.
These are the categories our questions cover:
- Packing process
- Customer service
- Customer Service
Moving Grant Timeline
- Receive notification that you’ve been selected
- Submit pre-moving survey and photo release form
- Return financial documents (W-9, invoice, and payment details) to set up grant deposit
- Document all moving paperwork
- Take photos of the moving day experience
- Submit the post-move survey and all moving paperwork no later than 14 days after your move
- If needed, answer follow-up questions in a 15-minute phone interview
- Receive grant money!
Terms and conditions
- The promoter of this Moving Grant (“Moving Grant”) is Move.org, a DBA of Clear Link Technologies, LLC (“Move.org”), whose principal office is located at 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of Move.org or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the Moving Grant or helping to set up the Moving Grant shall not be permitted to apply for the Moving Grant.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- MOVING GRANT IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS MOVING GRANT. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Moving Grant.
- Route to entry for the Moving Grant and details on how to enter are available at www.Move.org. Individuals may apply by filling out the application form on Move.org’s website.
- Applications for Moving Grant will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applicants shall remain eligible to be selected for a moving grant for two (2) months after the date of submission.
- Move.org shall select Recipients based on the quality of the application, and the parameters of their move as judged by Move.org employees.
- The Recipient(s) will be notified by email and/or letter by the 7th day of the month. If the Recipient(s) cannot be contacted or do not claim the opportunity to participate in the Moving Grant within 10 days of notification, Move.org reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient(s) and pick a replacement Recipient(s).
- During their move, Recipient(s) shall: (1) fill out and return a W9 form to allow for their grant payment; (2) read instructional materials about the moving grant process and responsibilities; (3) take photographs of the packing and moving processes; and (4) fill out a survey about their move.
- After their move, Recipient(s) shall fill out an additional survey with more detailed questions about their moving experience. Recipient(s) shall also make themselves available for a phone call interview with a Move.org representative to verify information from their surveys.
- Upon completion of the move, recipients shall receive: a one-time $500 payment.
- No cash alternative to the Moving Grant shall be offered. Opportunity to participate in Moving Grant is not transferable.
- The Applicant(s) agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material relating to the Moving Grant. The applicants also agree to irrevocably license any copyrightable material created in connection with this Moving Grant to Move.org. See attached Image Licensing Agreement for more details. Any personal data relating to the applicants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation.
- 28 days after the closing date the Recipient(s) name(s) will be available upon request, where legally required. To request the Recipient(s) names, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
- Move.org reserves the right to cancel or amend this Moving Grant and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Move.org’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Moving Grant will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Moving Grant and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
- By submitting an application for this Moving Grant, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.