For the holidays, you can’t beat home sweet home. That’s why Move.org wants to pay one lucky person who moved in 2019 to go home and visit their family this December.
We know that holiday travel can be astronomically expensive. Between paying for flights, booking hotels, and taking time off work, long trips in December can be virtually impossible (especially if your budget is tapped out from a recent move).
But what if you had all your travel expenses paid for plus a little bonus cash on the side?
Well, tell your mom to hang your old stocking over the fireplace and make some extra room around the tree, because that’s exactly what we’re offering. Think of it as a one-time holiday side hustle.
Who should apply?
If you moved away from home in 2019 and want to return in time for gifts and roasted chestnuts with your loved ones, then this side hustle is for you. Maybe you’re not even thinking about yourself, but you want to nominate someone else who moved recently. You can do that too.
What will you get?
We’ll choose one applicant to receive this holiday package:
- Up to $1,300 for travel expenses (flights, hotels, etc.)
- An additional $500 for presents, sleigh rides, and hot cocoa (or you could just pocket it—we won’t tell Santa!)
How to apply
All you have to do is take this short survey about your 2019 move. We’ll also ask you for your contact information. After that, just sit tight while we review the applications.
We’ll choose one applicant for our side hustle by December 13. If we choose you, we’ll let you know with plenty of time to book flights and plan accommodations.
What’s the gig?
If you’re chosen, we’ll ask you to write 500 words about your 2019 move. We’ll want details like how far you moved, how much stuff you moved, how your moving company treated you, and how much money your move cost.
That’s it. Really.
Aside from that, we just hope you’ll enjoy your holiday vacation on our dime.
Terms and conditions
- The promoter of the Home for the Holidays Dream Job (“Dream Job”) is Move.org, a DBA of Clear Link Technologies, LLC (“Move.org”), whose principal office is located at 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of Move.org or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the Dream Job or helping to set up the Dream Job shall not be permitted to enter.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States to participate.
- DREAM JOB VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS DREAM JOB. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Dream Job.
- Route to entry for the Dream Job and details on how to enter are available at www.Move.org. Individuals may apply by filling out the application form on Move.org’s website.
- Closing date for entry will be December 11, 2019 at 11:59 PM. After this date, no further applications to the Dream Job will be permitted.
- Move.org shall select one Recipient from the entire pool of eligible entries. Recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by Move.org employees.
- The Recipient will be notified by email and/or letter within 3 days at the closing date. If the Recipient cannot be contacted or do not claim the opportunity to participate in the Dream Job within 3 days of notification, Move.org reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient.
- Recipient acknowledges that participation in the Dream Job will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by acceptance of the Dream Job. Recipient has no authority to bind Move.org to contracts, make any agreement or representations on Move.org’s written consent. Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Move.org to its employees. Move.org is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient’s behalf. Recipient acknowledges that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. Recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- Dream Job consists of writing 500 words about the Recipient’s 2019 move and answering a variety of questions regarding their move. Once complete, the Recipient will submit this review to Move.org. Recipient must be available or a follow-up phone call and email with Move.org staff. Move.org will notify the Recipient how to complete the Challenge requirements.
- Upon completion of the Dream Job, Recipient will receive a $500.00 USD stipend plus reimbursement, as well as up to $1,300 in travel expenses. In order to receive a reimbursement check from Move.org, the Recipient must book their own travel and lodging and submit receipts to Move.org by 01/31/2020.
- Opportunity to participate in the Dream Job is not transferable.
- The Recipient agrees to the use of his/her/their name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the Recipient or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Where legally required, the Recipient’s name will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient’s name, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
- Move.org reserves the right to cancel or amend this Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Move.org’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Dream Job will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
- By submitting an application for this Dream Job, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.