Have you been displaced because of the COVID-19 outbreak? We want to help. We’re offering one applicant a one-time, $1,000 moving grant to help cover unexpected moving costs related to this pandemic. Anyone over the age of 18 who was forced to relocate because of COVID-19 is eligible to apply.
What’s a Move.org moving grant?
A moving grant is a one-time monetary distribution Move.org offers to help people pay for their moves. We offer smaller moving grants year-round to individuals and families planning a move, but we know lots of people are especially in need right now because of COVID-19. That’s why we’re offering a special moving grant exclusively to people moving because of this pandemic.
Who should apply?
Any US citizen over the age of 18 who had to relocate because of the COVID-19 pandemic is welcome to apply. While we usually offer moving grants only to people who plan to hire moving companies, you can still apply for this special grant even if your move is/was completely DIY.
How we can help
We’re offering one applicant $1,000 to cover their relocation costs. If you’re selected from the pool of applicants, this money will come in the form of a one-time monetary distribution paid directly into your bank account.
How to apply
The application for this round of the COVID-19 moving grant is closed. But if you need to relocate during the Coronavirus, check out our guide on how to move during the COVID-19 outbreak. We’ve also got resources on how to save money by renting a moving truck or using a moving pod.
Move.org will host more opportunities to support our communities in the coming months. Keep an eye out for the next chance to work with us in May!
Terms and conditions
- The promoter of the Home for the COVID-19 Moving Grant (“Moving Grant”) is Move.org, a DBA of Clear Link Technologies, LLC (“Move.org”), whose principal office is located at 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of Move.org or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the Moving Grant or helping to set up the Moving Grant shall not be permitted to enter.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States to participate.
- MOVING GRANT VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS MOVING GRANT. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Moving Grant.
- Route to entry for the Moving Grant and details on how to enter are available at www.Move.org. Individuals may apply by filling out the application form on Move.org’s website.
- Closing date for entry will be April 16, 2020 at 11:59 PM. After this date, no further applications to the Moving Grant will be permitted.
- Move.org shall select one Recipient from the entire pool of eligible entries. Recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by Move.org employees.
- The Recipient will be notified by email and/or letter within 3 days at the closing date. If the Recipient cannot be contacted or does not claim the opportunity to participate in the Moving Grant within 3 days of notification, Move.org reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient.
- Recipient acknowledges that participation in the Moving Grant will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by acceptance of the Moving Grant. Recipient has no authority to bind Move.org to contracts, make any agreement or representations on Move.org’s written consent. Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Move.org to its employees. Move.org is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient’s behalf. Recipient acknowledges that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. Recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- Upon completion of the Moving Grant, Recipient will receive a $1,000.00 USD monetary distribution.
- Opportunity to participate in the Moving Grant is not transferable.
- The Recipient agrees to the use of his/her/their name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the Recipient or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Where legally required, the Recipient’s name will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient’s name, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:Move.org
5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
- Move.org reserves the right to cancel or amend this Moving Grant and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Move.org’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Moving Grant will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Moving Grant and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
- By submitting an application for this Moving Grant, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.