The bottom line: Between a price matching policy and a pay-for-what-you-use policy to boot, plus a commitment to recycle up to 60% of every load, Junk King is royalty in the junk removal world.
All you need to know about Junk King
Whether you’re redoing your kitchen or clearing out your crib before a big move, Junk King’s extensive list of junk removal services can help you with any size of project, especially DIY ones.
Junk King is a junk removal company with over 100 locally owned franchises across North America—and there’s a reason it calls itself king. The company has revolutionized the junk removal industry by pledging to be eco-friendly and launching the pay-per-use policy.
Keep reading to see why we think so highly of Junk King—and why so many others do too.
Features Junk King offers
Between self-service dumpster rentals and full-service help, Junk King offers no-frills, effective junk removal options.
Junk King offers such a wide range of features and services it was hard to narrow down which ones we like best. Here are three services we feel are especially worth calling out though:
- Recycles 60% of your junk
- Charges only for the space you use
- Price-matches competitors
Moving and Junk removal services
With Junk King, you can call in a crew for a full-service haul or roll up your sleeves and rent Junk King’s self-service MINI dumpster. Plus, Junk King offers a full-service junk removal option for businesses.
Full-service junk removal
Best for those who want the hauling done for them.
- come with an 18 cu. yd. dump truck
- Handles hauling services, house cleanouts, property cleanouts, trash removals
- Services properties without dumpster space
- Offers payment plan at the discretion of the local franchise
Self-service MINI dumpster rental
Best for homeowners.
- Comes with a 12 cu. yd. dumpster
- Picks up dumpster after you’ve packed it
- Is driveway friendly
- Includes insurance
- Best for ongoing or small-scale projects
Business-to-business junk removal
Best for construction debris and property management.
- Comes with an 18 cu. yd. dump truck
- Hauls unwanted items off your business property
- Was ranked the best US foreclosure cleanout service
- Offers payment plans
What other services does Junk King offer?
Junk King earns high marks for its large list of things it’ll discard or recycle. In fact, the only thing Junk King doesn’t dispose of is hazardous waste, but that’s an industry-wide policy.
Here’s Junk King’s full list of services:
- Junk hauling services
- Dumpster rental
- House cleanouts
- Foreclosure cleanouts
- Construction waste removal
- DIY construction debris
- Property cleanout services
- Estate cleanout
- Lawn mower and landscaping equipment disposal
- Yard waste removal
- Scrap metal recycling
- Refrigerator disposal and recycling
- Mattress disposal, recycling, or donation
- Television disposal and recycling
- Garbage removal
- E-waste disposal
- Air conditioner removal
- Dishwasher and trash compactor removal
- Freezer and refrigerator disposal and recycling
- Stove, oven, and microwave disposal
- Washing machine and dryer disposal
- Water heater disposal and recycling
- Hot tub disposal
- Electronic waste
- Furniture removal
- Miscellaneous junk (exercise equipment, for example)
How much does Junk King cost?
Junk King prides itself on transparent and fair pricing—and it has every reason to.
Unlike other junk removal companies, Junk King breaks down its rates based on the size of your load. Because of this, you can budget around concrete numbers—instead of ballpark estimates that could be inaccurate.
Plus, Junk King doesn’t make you pay for the space in the dumpster you didn’t use. We’ll dive into that in a minute, but let’s talk figures so you can see what this means for you.
Cost of a MINI dumpster (charged by volume):
- Minimum amount (for example, if you have only three or four items): $99
- MINI filled halfway: $178–$275
- MINI filled to the brim: $275
Also, Junk King offers three-, five-, and seven-day pricing for the MINI dumpster rental so you can work on your timetable.
For full-service hauls, Junk King’s prices are just as transparent. Cost is based on total volume, and each full-service move comes with an eighteen cubic yard dumpster fill, which is equivalent to six pickup truck beds.
If your job is under $99, you can save $20 when you book online.
Four different ways to get a quote
Of all the junk removal services, Junk King offers the most options for getting a quote. While it’s standard to offer two different options—DIY or on-site—Junk King offers a whopping four, so you can find one tailored to your needs and schedule.
- On-site estimates
On-site estimates are the best and most accurate way to get a quote since Junk King’s reps will be able to see everything in sight. Most of the time, Junk King can start the job the same day.
- Online estimate
Online quotes give you ballpark costs when you select specific items or enter a total volume estimate on Junk King’s website. This option is great if you have a small- to medium-sized load, but if your inventory gets any bigger, Junk King will have you do an on-site estimate instead.
- Calling a representative
If your load has four or fewer items, a Junk King rep can give you an over-the-phone estimate (which can always be adjusted once the crew is on site).
- Texting Junk King a photo
With this option, you can literally text Junk King a picture of something you need removed and someone will ping you back an estimate. Again, this isn’t going to be as foolproof as an on-site estimate, but if you have only a few items, it can save you some time.
Whether or not a service requires an extra fee all depends on a few things like how many laborers your job requires, specific equipment needed, and where you live.
For instance, there’s no fee to dispose of a TV in Utah, but that might not be the case in, say, Oregon. Junk King will be able to give you more information specific to your location—so be sure to ask about this.
Here are instances that warrant an extra fee:
- Loads over 2,000 lbs.
- Overflow of items in dumpster
- Bedload more than four cubic yards
- Dumpster rental extended past three days ($30 per additional day)
- Special disposal services such as mattresses
Another thing we like
Another thing we like
Junk King gives you a reminder call 15–30 minutes before they show up to a job.
Junk King recycles
The people at Junk King are big fans of going green—so much so they’ve made it their mission to recycle up to 60% of every load.
Junk King has local sorting facilities in various locations where they sift through junk then recycle, reuse, or donate whichever items qualify. Whether you’re tossing furniture, dishwashers, or yard debris, Junk King finds it a home that’s not a landfill.
Pay only for space you use
Junk King also pioneered the pay-per-use policy, making it so you pay only for the space you use in the dumpster—not the entire dumpster.
The total cost is determined by the amount of volume in the dumpster. If you hit max capacity, you’ll pay the full amount, but if you fill it only halfway, you’ll shave 30% off your dumpster cost.
Even on its own this policy is pretty nice. But if you overestimate on a load or have only a few items, it’s a lifesaver.
Price match policy
Junk King gets a round of applause for being the first company in the junk removal industry to offer price matching on any written estimate.
Not only does this assure that you’ll get the best deal, it also establishes Junk King as a customer-first company that has your needs and budget top of head.
Would we recommend Junk King to our neighbor? You betcha. It’s a reputable junk removal service company whose reviews indicate that its customers leave happy. On the whole, Junk King is a good go-to—especially if you’re looking to rent a dumpster without breaking the bank.
What’s so special about Junk King?
- Junk King was the first junk removal company to implement a pay-per-use policy. Plus, its commitment to being eco-friendly means it recycles up to 60% of all jobs.
Who’s it good for?
- Junk King is DIY friendly, so it’s especially good if you’re looking to declutter your home, remodel, or landscape.
How is its pricing?
- Fair and up front, especially since between its pay-per-use policy and price match guarantee, it won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
What’s not to like?
- It lacks in US locations and doesn’t offer moving services. So if you’re set on a dual moving and junk removal company or if Junk King doesn’t service your area, you might find a better fit elsewhere.
Want to see how Junk King ranks among other top junk removal companies? Check out our Best Junk Removal Companies list.